Saturday, December 17, 2005

You're On My Mind

The pastor here would love to have access to Ken's wisdom. We would sooooooo benefit from the incredible things these guys can do as both VJs and DJs in worship. More than one of our loving mothers would want to embrace some of these searching artists, muscians, photographers, and more. I miss you guys most when I want to make the connections and see what God has in store!!!

Last night we worshipped in the coffeehouse. There were new faces and familiar ones in the crowd of about 50. The emphasis was on Doxology . . . what is our act of praise when we realize that every day we could lift up even the ordinary as an act of worship. We heard from an artist on a journey of his own. We experienced/connected by creating a work of an art from ordinary objects. And we were led on a visual exploration of creativity with images and music that would blow your mind.

But it was afterwards . . . when I let go of the idea that there was some kind of timetable and just listened to the troubled young woman grappling with friendship and faith issues, voiced a blessing to a dear woman who will face many new opportunities in the coming days, prayed with a guy whose mere presence blesses me, and engaged with several others. Noodles and mushrooms at 2 a.m. topped off the evening.

I don't know how to bless this group who struggle with financial concerns while absolutely serving as a voice to a community only a few blocks from the red light district and a few minutes from a nearby university. But I pray I can.

1 comment:

Ken Shuman said...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to here more about what your learning. We anxiously await the stories and lessons we'll hear upon your return.
Ken