Sunday, December 11, 2005

An interesting quote

I just started a new book written by two professors at Fuller Seminary and found this quote.

"The church must recognize that we are in the midst of a cultural revolution and that nineteenth-century (or older) forms of church do not communicate clearly to twenty-first-century cultures. A major transformation in the way the church understands culture must occur for the chruch to negotiate the changed ministry environment of the twenty-first century. The church is a modern institution in a postmodern world, a fact that is often widely overlooked. The church must embody the gospel within the culture of posmodernity for the Western church to survive the twenty-first century."

This quote adds more to the growing body of evidence that says that what we're doing at Wellspring is the right thing and is the future. I'm really glad that we're not lagging too far behind. I'm also really glad that you're making the trip with me. I know that sometimes if feels scary - but that's o.k. - because I think we're on the right path.

No comments: