Sunday, December 18, 2005

Thanks Ken for todays service.

We got a chance to change things up a bit today and even though no one got to see my wonderful Christmas powerpoint (it's ok, <>, I'll live, you'll probably get it in July or something) I know i was impressed with our ability to go with the flow. In fact, I think it worked out very well with a quieter service so that we could reflect on what Wellspring is and what Wellspring can be. We don't need a fancy brick building with a TV studio to get our message out. Just talk to your friends, the ones you know are searching. I think the hardest part of that also is to convince them that they don't have to be convinced. They won't be preached at, hounded into a babtismal tub or fire-and-brimstoned into emptying their pockets. I think the hardest sell is convincing people that they won't be sold at.

So anyways, I thought it was a wonderfully Christmas non-Christmas service that fit us better than we thought it could. it was a bit dark and a bit different and to be honest, I don't look forward to the same carols and kids-in-bathrobes every year. So whether or not Ken planned it, it was a Christmas service I'll not soon forget.

--Baldy-Neumann

1 comment:

Ken Shuman said...

Thanks John - I felt the same way.