Thursday, December 08, 2005

Request for Prayer from Karen

Wish I could be with you guys on Sunday when Larry Jay and his cohorts will be with us but alas, I fly out a few hours before you get together. I'll arrive in Germany around 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 12 and be met by the pastor who is hosting me and my friend Shannon.

We will meet on the Doxology art project with other Doxology partners -- Rob, the artist; Aimee, the co-curator and his partner; Mark, the pastor and multi-media expert; Shannon, the project manager; and whoever else may come into the dialogue. The discussions for 3-4 days will be around next steps for taking the experience to other locales in the world. These folks love each other but like all communities made up of humans we'll need your prayers as we hash out directions, potential new directions, details, etc.

I'll enjoy the sites and sounds of Germany with this crew and then Mark, Shannon and a newly arriving Roger and I will spend a long weekend exploring the nearby Alps, Black Forest, and local culture.

Roger and I depart for Vietnam on Dec. 20 and will arrive on the 21st. We have a great itinerary worked out and Ken and Becky will have details should anyone want a peek. After a short hop over into Cambodia, we leave that part of the world on Jan. 6, overnite in Frankfurt and return home on January 7.

I'd appreciate all prayers you might offer for traveling, interacting with people, and being wise enough to take in all that I'm being blessed to recieve!

Blessings on you all as you make your way through the coming weeks. ENJOY!

-- Karen

1 comment:

KC said...

One really "biblical" answer might be 70 times 7 . . . wait that was on the whole forgiveness thing . . . which was what I needed to do after coveting your earlier worldwide travels. We just need to do it TOGETHER sometime!!