Monday, September 04, 2006

What a day....

Man oh Man!!! What a day. And to think I should have been camping.
I heard a sermon this morning about Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. I've heard the story many times, but it seems that each time I hear it something new comes of it. Maybe I'm just learning to pay attention better. The speaker drew a parrallel with the Emergent Church. Jesus spoke his message to her in a way similar to the way the Emergent church is passing the message to all who will come and listen. Without condemnation and judgement. A message for all who will hear. The woman spoke with Jesus and asked questions of Him without fear of being wrong or not using the "right" language. She was so excited about the message that she forgot the reason she was there and ran off without her bucket to go tell everyone. I know this is probably not WOW material to alot of folks but for me it confirmed again the journey I'm on with Wellspring.
Then to go sing and praise and worship this afternoon.(I think if you want to see what heaven wili be like, come sing and praise and worship at Wellspring) This afternoon I saw again how much God is willing to put up with from me and still call me His own. When Ken asked how we might have denied Christ, it made me think of the many ways I deny Him and sometimes I don't even realize it. Do I deny Him with actions, words or the lack of actions or words. It's comforting to know that as much as I mess up and turn my back on God, His grace covers me.
And finally to top off the day, a TV version of Braveheart. I'm sure there are parallels with the Modern church and the Emergent church in there somewhere but I'm too tired to try and figure them out. What sticks in my head is a quote by William Wallace:"Every man dies, not every man really lives." My prayer is that I would strive to live every day for the Lord and that His glory be the goal. That doesn't always happen. Some would even say I fail at that more often than not. I'm praying that I get better at it.
I sure hate to miss a good weekend camping. And I hate that Baby Girl's asthma is acting up and she's not feeling well(please pray). But I'm sure glad I was able to hear several good words and alot of good worship.

2 comments:

juli said...

well now...mark topping is a writer! i'm telling you...get your own blog. when you speak (or write)...i listen & i appreciate you and your life and your family so much.

sometimes i worry that one day you'll decide that we're crazy and that wellspring is...the devil or something. i don't know why i worry...i'm just a silly girl. thanks for always making me feel important and valuable mark! wellspring wouldn't be the same without you!

KC said...

Hope this doesn't creep you out but as I did the powerpoint Sunday I watched you worship ... and as a result you led me to go deeper in my own experience. Neat to hear the background of what was going on for you. Thanks.