Sunday, May 28, 2006

Its time

So. its me, Dj, and I am finally writing on the blog. I am excitied to spend more time connecting with our community through technology. I am so far behind, its embarrising.
Anyway, we've been thinking about this whole day laborors thing, and I was frustrated because I got the feeling that as an english speaking female, there wasn't a whole lot I could do, but I am not going to cop out of this one. I am thinking maybe a few more women and men wouldn't be a bad thing, that we just could use a few more people. I wouldn't mind seeing us at Wellspring get connected with another church in Tomball, maybe the African American church, and go serve together to help the day labors kids or something. Now that school is out, I wonder what the kids are doing. I don't know, all I know is, is that I want to get my hands dirty. I have to be honest, I don't have near the passion for the poor and needy that I wish I could have, but sitting on my butt all summer isn't going to help the issue. Just some thoughts. What can we do??????????? Can we afford not to do???????????

1 comment:

Ken Shuman said...

Dee - I love your idea of joining forces with an African American church. Let's get our hands dirty -now. I'm glad you've joined the Blog.