Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A note from Lita

Dear Ken

Friday afternoon my father passed away. He had been sick in the hospital with pneumonia. However when I spoke with my mother Friday morning my father seemed to be doing better. The tube in his throat had been removed because his lungs were clearer, but his kidneys were not working. They were going to start him on dialysis Friday. My mother signed the papers and talked about my father coming home in a few days. That afternoon while she was visiting him he coded. He did not want to be kept alive by machines so my mother told them to let him go. Even though we believe dad is absent from the body and present with the Lord it still hurts. Please pray for my mother. She has taken care of my dad and done everything for him for 28 years. I'm not sure she understands how much of a void there will now be.( My father had lost both his arms 28 years ago.) Thanking you in advance for your prayers and so thankful for our Great God!

Lita

1 comment:

KC said...

Lita, my prayers are with you and with your mother. You're right. The void will be incredible. KC