Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a gift of gifts

so i'm really excited that group will be at the kovar's this week! only thing is, i've got therapy that night...so boo for juli. sucks, but i know i'm doing something good by being in therapy.

i have an idea for us...i don't know how well it will work, but i'd like to try:

i'd like us to come up with a list or a couple of things that we feel everyone else in our little group is really great at...perhaps we may go even as far as calling each other 'gifted' in some way.
i know for me, that i didn't really think i had anything brilliant to say when i started writing the blessings, but you guys encouraged me and made me feel as if i might be kinda good at it.

i think there are a lot of us that may feel that same way, and it may do us some good to hear what we're good at from others. i figure if we don't know someone well enough to know what they're good or gifted at, then maybe we should spend some more time getting to know them! this doesn't have to be anything fancy, and some of us may not even want to do it or find it valuable, but i really like the idea of it.

i hope all of you have a great thursday night and i wish i could be there.
i'll be thinking of all of you...

5 comments:

Rodney said...

Let me save you guys some time. You can tell me I'm good at being humble. I've always known this about myself, because I'm about twice as humble as most other people I meet. But let me know if there are other things I'm good at, because I'm sure there's a lot more.

juli said...

and great at being a boyfriend. ryan wanted me to add that...

Ken Shuman said...

o.k. it took me a while but I came up with something else you're good at. Your'e really a master at leaving ruts in my yard.

Rodney said...

Heck yes I am! Problem is, with Abby gone I won't get to do that any more!

CzechFest said...

We miss you Rod, i am in california all week long, San Diego, wish we could hook up. Hey Gunderson says you are good at playing in a different key, some have a prayer language you have a guitar prayer key, no one can understand it as we need someone to be gifted in interpreting off key!