Tuesday, July 03, 2007

blah, blah, blah

So I was telling some of my friends the other day that things in my life seem a little blah lately. I thought alot more about what I had said and was of course trying to fix it so that my life would be awesome and energetic. Well, obviously not much has happened, I am albe to spend time on the blog at noon on a perfectly fine day, and I hate getting on the computer in the middle of the day, but as I said, things have just been blah. Anyway, as I was thinking about it, I thought that maybe I have been spending a little to much time focusing on me and I think that maybe if I spend some time thinking about others and getting involved in whats going on around me maybe I can quit being petty about silly things and feeling that things are blah. So, how are yall doing. I wonder how are friend Shannen over seas is doing. I am actually going to take it a step further and google her today and see if I can catch up. I am sure her life is not blah right now. Juli had been doing some really need stuff with the kids at the YMCA, I know she is a blessing to those kids, even though she probobly wishes things would slow down, it sure doesn't seem if her life is blah.
Well, hopefully I will get better at this blogging and get better at getting involved with the world around me, even doing the simple things like sharing my life on the blog. I know Mark, you are still shocked that I wrote. Lets just hope this isn't a one time deal. I am very close to hitting delete because as I read over this I want to say to myself, God, this just doesn't make sense. So, I say get over it, because if it doesn't make sense to you I am sorry, just know that blogging is a hard thing for me becuase anyone can read and make judgements, but I want to start living a little more community, so here it is.

7 comments:

juli said...

d: you have a lot more to say than you think. we all tend to surprise ourselves-myself included. it makes me happy to get to know you better...to see who deanna really is.

thanks for trying. i hope it's not the end of your blogging career either...glad to have you in the ranks.

juli said...

haha...so even i feel like the things i say are dumb or come out wrong. i suppose to others, me saying 'thanks for trying' could sound condescending...as if i said, 'thanks for playing...try again next time'. per our conversation...i hope you know i meant thank you for actually being willing to try. whether you doubt yourself or not...perhaps that's the beginning of getting over our fears, is to at least try.

whew.

Rodney said...

Yeeeah! Got some Napier action on the blog! I like it! Keep it up Dee! I'm havin' a blast in Cali, but I miss you guys!

texelct said...

It is so good to hear from you on the blog. Holy Cow I almost fell out of my chair. I have to agree with Juli and am exicted and honored that you have joined us again in the bloggersphere.

CzechFest said...

Dee: I get these blahs as well, trying always to find out who I really am and what I am suppose to be doing is the most difficult task I have ever attempted.I over-think at times and just need to do, as you said focus on others and not me. I got some hope recently as a wise person recently said to me, just catch the ball right in front of you, thats most likely where God would use your gifts and talents and not in some exotic place or location or organization. I am finding that simple is better for me-I am really a country boy in the big city working in a glass building. Shalom Sister.

KC said...

Shalom indeed. I love that you spoke up. I was reading a book about writing yesterday and it said that so many folks think that writing is some kind of mystical experience and only to be done by experts when in fact we start struggling for words as children and push them out until at some point it all makes sense. And that pushing and trying to make sense of it all is what writing is all about. Seems like a good definition for community as well -- pushing until we get it out there and get it somehow close to right.

KC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.