Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An Incarnational Missionary

I cant help but think that Os Hillman, Ed Silvoso and a host of workplace ministry leaders are taking hope-love-change and Jesus right to the people.Its amazing to see the momentum in this area over the past 5 years,Google it and see. You ask why? Where do most men and women today spend the majority of their time? Workplace! So why not build disciples who dont have to go out of their way on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon to be a missionary.If Jesus did life and reached hurting people in the normal course of a regular day then why not me.In Anointed For Business Silvoso states that Jesus performed 39 miracles in the marketplace out of the 40 in the new testament, coincidence or was he going to the people and meeting them where they did life every day? Avodah is a Hebrew word meaning "work" and this same root word also means "worship". This word Avodah meaning work is worship has helped me see new meaning in what is otherwise a cut throat ,shareholder value world. Student-Mom-Worker in my opinion are the same thing, its what you do from 9 to 5. So , how incarnational am I?Do I exhibit that inner peace-Shalom-wholeness? I am asking myself the tough questions, how about you?

No comments: