Sunday, June 10, 2007

Prayer

I can't pray sometimes because, like Karen said, I'm often too embarrased or ashamed to face God with the crap in my life.
I can't pray sometimes because I'm afraid of the answers or results.
I can't pray sometimes because I lack the faith.
I can't pray sometimes because I don't feel like I deserve the attention of God.
But when I make it back into prayer, back to fellowship with God, I know God will be there to welcome the prodigal son and it feels so good. To be able to lift a prayer to the one who spins the universe is a awesome thought. To be able to talk to God in the middle of a conversation with someone else and know He's there and listening is an awesome thought.
Prayer is an integral part of my belief in God and Jesus Christ. Without prayer I'm not sure where I would be in my life. Too many struggles, trials and pains to go through alone.

4 comments:

Ken Shuman said...

Amen Mark! Thanks for sharing you're heart. I love to read your posts.

KC said...

Well said!!! Almost reads like a prayer, doesn't it?

CzechFest said...

Mark: Prayer has been on my mind a lot.This past 4 months have been a real trial for me. I had 6 men pray for me at lunch a week ago when I thought I was going to explode with anxiety-hate to admit that. I am usually the one praying about others, just what I have been called to do but its been a wave of shalom to recieve the gift of being lifted up.You cant describe it-you just know its happening.

juli said...

i can't pray sometimes too.
and like i said, sometimes i hate it.
thanks for reminding me that there are people out there with similar feelings.
nice to know i'm not alone.