Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm thankful are you thankful?

We play around with this phrase often – but I in no way intend to be disrespectful or ungrateful. I am very thankful to God for many things. I’ve been thinking lately about how thankful I am that there are people in my life who support and encourage me. As we’ve been talking about lately – I’ve got people who validate me and affirm me. Please allow me a few lines of personal privilege to say thanks to a few people.

First, without the community we call Wellspring I would have quit long ago. I’m grateful to all of you for being willing to get out of your comfortable box and be on this journey with me. I know it’s scary, uncertain and often uncomfortable. Thanks for having my back. Thanks for trusting me. Thanks for making the ride a fun one.

Second, I want to say thanks to some friends who keep checking on us and who keep believing in us. Thanks for your friendship and your trust. Thanks to Rusty, Scott, Tom, Ben, Jim, Paula, Linda, Paulette, Bob, Robert, Galen, Rick, Karen and I’m sure a few others who I’m not thinking of right now.

Third, I want to say thanks to several family members. As with the others, thanks for believing in me and trusting me even though you don’t understand completely what I’m doing. Thanks for your encouragement and support. Thanks to Peggy & Don, Nancy & Larry. My parents are amazing – thank you.
Thanks to Rachel, Jason, Abby & Josh for being curious.

Fourth, I want to say thanks to my amazing wife Becky. Thanks for letting me experiment and be “out of the box” even though it means less security. Thanks for being patient with me. Thanks for having my back. There is no one that supports me or defends me more than you. You are the “lioness”.

Fifth, thank you God. Thank you for the gift of your Spirit that keeps guiding me. Thank you for “peace” that is beyond my ability to understand. Thank you for provision and protection. Thank you for letting “me” do this.

I’m thankful are you thankful?

3 comments:

Rodney said...

yah, I'm thankful. I'm sitting down to blog about the things im thankful for. I felt like I wanted to do a Cali, texas thankfulness thang. So...it's a lot but you can see the beggining of the cali part at my blog at www.rodneymayfield.blogspot.com
it's a start - and its already really long. I ramble a lot - it's more to remind myself, but you're welcome to read if you have the time.

CzechFest said...

I too have been thanking the Lord in my quiet time for many things:my wonderful wife and 2 sons Greg and Brandon,worship and fellowship at the Well we call Wellspring,a God who loves me and forgives me and judges me,provision for Kingdom ventures both successful and failed, a minute of margin built back into my life,Kingdom minded friends who pursue Jesus and have helped me unlearn a few things lately.

Ken Shuman said...

Kim - I hope our group is different. We want it to be different. Where do you live?